Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hmmm...

Today is Sunday, it's always crazy at our house on Sunday! I did not get home until after 6:00pm. We had church then I had a women's ministry meeting. At the meeting it was announced that Sommer and I would no longer be doing Bloom. I love Bloom, it is like my baby since Sommer and I created it from scratch and planned every meeting each month. But I am just to tired to deal with the "powers that be" anymore. A few years ago I would have stood and fought and said "I'll make this work no matter what!" But I just don't have the time or energy anymore. Plus I am trying to not only manage my time but my energy as well. Should I expend alot of energy fighting against the "powers that be" or direct my energy at more well meaning things like my family, friends work etc...? HMMMM...
Bloom will continue in a different format, more social outings, which should be fun. The women's ministry will take it over.

1 comment:

LiLi said...

What? Why? Will they still do the retreat??? I've been looking forward to the day that my sister and I will get to go on that weekend trip! Please tell me the retreat will still go on!

As for Matt and I and our weeks... Monday, nothing unless I go to MOPS (which I don't do on a regular basis, but that's another story); Tuesday Maegan has Upward Soccer; Wednesday Maegan has choir and mission friends at my parent's church; Thursday night, we get home from Maegan's ballet at 5, and if Matt doesn't have band practice we do nothing, Friday nights he works at RCC until they unlock the door and let him out (haha) usually between 6:30-7:00pm, Saturday no plans ever unless we go chill with my parents; Sunday we always spend the afternoon with my whole family at my parents house. Our kids go to bed by 7:30 most nights, and occasionally, my mom is willing to come to my house and listen for them after they are in bed. We just have to make a plan and get it on the schedule. I'd love to do dinner some time.