Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Holidays?

I am so not ready for the holidays. I thought I had another week before Thanksgiving and here it is. Wow. This is such a crazy time of year and its really hard to stay focused on the "reason for the season".
Alan told me a story about Bill Hybels. He said he met with a man from his church and the man presented him with a million dollar check and Bill Hybels pushed the check back across the table and said that's not enough, you can do better. And he did.
I think that is what God is asking us to do, better. He is pushing our traditions, and our once a year volunteerisms and our holiday hoopla and telling us to do better. So will we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Will We???

Bargain Noble said...

Hey R-beccah,
Don't know if I agree with what Bill Hybels did, but I definitely agree with doing better during the holidays and throughout the year!