Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kid Conversations

I always think its funny to listen to my kids when they are deep in conversation. Today in the car I had interject into their conversation to explain why being a pirate is not really a viable career option. Later this evening in the car Noah says out of the blue, "Mom, should I say penis in public?" I said no, and he says, "that's what I thought." Well, at least he asked. They each have their own area of expertise that they get advice about from each other. And of course I don't know what I'm talking about. It's interesting that the older they get the dumber I get.
They are so funny.
We are now doing homework. I hate homework! I think if it can't be done at school then don't do it. It feels like all we do is homework. Then we still have to study for various tests. I read the book Ending the Homework Hassle. It was very helpful but teachers don't care that we are trying to get the kids to take responsibility for there work and face the consequences of not doing it. Living in the bubble most parents wouldn't dream of letting a 3rd grader turn in 3rd grade calibur work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why a pirate is not a viable career option?