Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Spin Cycle

Another day at the pool and on the beach. I told Alan to walk out into the water with me, he did. He insisted that we needed to walk out further to get over the breaks of the waves, so like a good wife I listened. The first couple of waves lifted me up and gently deposited me back on my feet, what fun. Then I heard Alan yell, here comes a good one, at which time I am sent into a tailspin. It felt like the spin cycle on a washing machine! I was completely pounded. I did not want to stand all the way up because it felt like during the assault my swim suit had given up its duty and parts were going everywhere. But as you can imagine 2 more waves hammered me in the inspection process. I finally regain somewhat of a composure see my husband, not concerned at all for my safety -but laughing like a hyena.
I then retired to the beach with my book for the rest of the time. I just got out of the shower. My little wave incident deposited sand in places it should not be. Maybe I'll find a pearl in 30 years.
The kids have really mastered their boogie boards and are loving it. Alan is recovering from his sunburn. Shell hunting was fruitfull this morning. Apparently this beach is known for the butterfly looking shells in puts all over the sand. They are really cute. We'll bring some back. Noah is still on the lookout for a fully intact konk shell(is that how you spell konk?)

5 comments:

Tori said...

aww it sounds like you are having fun! pictures are cute!!! ;-)

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Your descriptions are like no one else I know!

jjtv said...

You know I've heard that pearls can be made that way. If you really want one that bad, though, I'm sure Alan would just buy it for you.

Anthony Burns said...

i like all the pics on the side... let alan know i will down tomorrow night, just kiding... glad to see u all are have fun...

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Okay it is now Friday, we NEED an update to this sand saga!