Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This is the life!

Yes, I'm on vacation! Woohoo! We are in Topsail Island, NC. Alan found a great condo that looks right onto the beach. He now looks like a lobster after yesterdays fun in the sun. We went to the beach most of the day and then to the pool. The kids are asking to go to bed.
Today we went to see the U.S.S. North Carolina in Wilmington. It is an battleship built in the 40's. I totally did not think about the fact that there was no air conditioning back then. Can you say tons of steel and 100 degree weather. HOT! But is was cool to see.
I am half way through my first book I brought with me. Middlesex. Very good read, to much to explain the title.
The kids are loving the beach. It is not busy here at all. There are just a few families staying around us and the kids can play with the same friends everyday, so that's cool. The kids and I go "shell hunting" every morning before breakfast while Alan is in bed. They actually have really good shells here, unlike Va. beach.
Today I had to stop and get an ice tea at Chick-fil-A in Wilmington. I'm so addicted, its pathetic. But then we had Sonic for lunch, and angels sang. I love Sonic!
I'll try to post some pics after we get home. Not to many of me. The salt water and ocean air not loving my hair. I look like a homeless women sitting on the beach with whacked out hair.
My cell in on roaming but love to get texts! I'll blog as much as I can get a connection.

3 comments:

Tori said...

RP! Im glad ya'll are having fun! Thats soo great you guys got to go to Wilmington its like my faveorite place in the world!!!;-) hope you liked it!!!

Anthony Burns said...

I WANT SOME SONIC!!! I am glad that you all are having fun... I look forward to seeing the pictures (use Flickr for photos, it works really good)... See yall soon!!!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

I am so jealous right now! I want to go!!!!!!!
I miss you and can't wait for your return!!