Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What Are You Smokin?

Today at work I was thinking about someone and I thought, what are you smokin'? Seriously, why is it that people seem to make decisions that make no sense to every one around them and they just don't see it.
Then I started thinking about why I would be in this persons life and visa versa. God made me the way I am for a reason. And he made that person the way they are for a reason. So am I exactly what that person needs in thier life right now? Is this person the thing I need in my life right now? Are the words I say to them going to make an impact in their life or do I let my own feelings and agenda skew what God has already orchestrated? It can be really hard. I have to be careful not to let their words altar what I know about who I am. I know I'm direct, outspoken and seldom take crap but can I be vulnerable enough let grace show through, because when I need grace I expect it freely, don't we all.
It's amazing how relationships not within our family can effect us. I hope 20 yrs. from now when people look back on thier relationship with me they say, "Thank you God for crossing our paths."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so im curious, did anything come of a paticular situation??