Thursday, August 30, 2007

School Is Starting

It's almost time for school! Hallelujah, angels are singing. We went to the school and met everyone's teachers today. Noah has Hannah's former teacher. That is cool, she was really good last year.
I went to dinner with Tori and Nokomis from work. We talked alot about kids and I decided I should put some parenting advice on my blog. Your welcome!
I know my kids are young but after living in the bubble long enough I've realized its not all common sense.
First of all alot of child rearing can be summed up in one powerful, profound, word. NO. Yep I said it the N word. I have realized the earlier you start saying it the better off you are. Kids need to hear it, they want to hear it and they want to know mom and dad have the cohonies to back it up.
Second, your kids should fear you on some level. We were all afraid of parents when we were kids. Don't be a bully jerk, but they need to know when she gets that look in her eye, she could lose it-big time. Craziness can be an edge.
There will be more later.

2 comments:

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

My your intellect on Child Rearing is amazing, you must have so many degrees and dipolmas. We are truly not worthy to be in your presences. Keep the advice coming, cuz I sure need it. You can also use the N word on just about anybody!

Anthony Burns said...

The kids are going back to school... The parental advice is great... I don't have kids but I like your thoughts on that...